Thursday, September 1, 2011

Black Bean Corn Salad


I know what you're thinking, something else made with black beans???  I know I know...but this salad is perfect to bring to picnics or end of summer dinners.  My mom used to make this all the time, but she couldn't find the original recipe.  I pretty much remembered how to make it...but used google just to spur my memory.  Most recipes call for a red bell pepper however Trader Joe's happened to be out the day I went so I got a green one.  To be honest though, I can't really tell that much of a difference between green and red bell peppers.  Are my taste buds messed up?  I'd really like to know.  I do think that the red bell pepper would make for a better picture....but what's done is done.

Black Bean Corn Salad

1/2 c red onion (about 1/2 of a medium sized onion)
1 bell pepper (green or red)
1/2 c cilantro leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lime juice
1 can corn drained
2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste


Chop the onion, bell pepper and cilantro leaves.  I used my chopper (like a slap chop but not) and it was a lot of fun. I don't know why I don't use it more often.  Mix together.
Add black beans and corn.  Mix well.
Finally add olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and salt and pepper.  You can add more of the liquids if it seems to dry or to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment