Saturday, September 3, 2011

Good n Green Smoothie


Breakfast!  Ok...so this picture looks pretty gross  but there's just not a good way to take pictures of these things....plus I took a couple sips before I took the picture so there's smoothie residue all around the glass.  Gross.  But it definitely doesn't taste gross!  So try it out!

Good n Green Smoothie

1/2 frozen banana (I keep a bag of frozen bananas in my freezer)
1/2 c spinach
1/2 c frozen pineapple
1/4 c carrot (or about 5 baby carrots, or one small whole carrot)
1/2 brewed green tea
1/4 cup milk
a splash or two of juice (I used a splash of Dole orange, pineapple, banana and a splash on Sobe pure pineapple, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
enough water to make it blendable
Honey to taste

Combine all ingredients in blender and pour into glass.  You can add yogurt, or flax seed if you want for extra nutrients.  Smoothies are just so versatile and easy.  If you come up with a delicious smoothie recipe, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I just made a modified version of this for breakfast this morning. Modified, as in, I used frozen mango instead of pineapple as it is what was in my freezer, and I didn't even attempt to measure anything out. Mine turned out a bit watery (I think I put way too much green tea in) but still very good. And I feel healthy! I bought ingredients to make your raspberry coffee smoothie too, so I'm looking forward to trying it. :)
    -Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I normally don't measure either but thought I would for the sake of the blog

    ReplyDelete