Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Quinoa with Corn/Basil Topping

I am no good at making original names for recipes...as you can probably tell.

Anyway,  I had three ears of corn and wanted to make something new besides just corn on the cob.  I was thinking soup or something like that, but although it's been a little chilly I don't think it's time just yet to start making soups.  I do think that this dish looks pretty festive though for the upcoming season.

Quinoa with Corn/Basil Topping
Serves 2 but you can double or triple the recipe

Quinoa

1/2 c quinoa
1/2 c chopped carrots
1 1/4 c water
a little bit of salt

Prepare as box says.

Corn/Basil Topping

Cooked corn cut off of 3 ears (about 2 cups)
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp milk
1 clove garlic
1/4 c fat free feta
a few shakes of crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c fresh basil cut into small pieces

Combine all ingredients except basil in the food processor until mostly smooth.  Stir in basil.
Top Quinoa mixture and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I normally buy it at Trader Joes because you don't have to rinse it. At least that's what I've heard...and I don't rinse it and it still tastes delicious!

    ReplyDelete