Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Pesto

So a week and a half ago, on a Sunday,  I planned out what I was going to make for dinner the next two weeks.  To reduce the stress of deciding the day of.  So I went through these recipes last week and they were mostly flops.  Well..maybe not complete flops just not worthy of my blog.  Then this week I was excited to make dinners but turns out with one thing or another we're not even going to be around all that much.

This past weekend we spent the weekend in Huntingdon, PA with our good friends Sara and Jared (who live there) and Melanie and Dave (who came from Philadelphia).  It's a good mid way point, in the middle of nowhere PA.  But anyway, Sara took Mel and I to all of these Amish Farms in Bellville, PA to get all sorts of fresh goods.  I got 2 huuuggggge butternut squash, an acorn squash, Spaghetti Squash, sweet potatoes, and gourds to decorate with.

After getting my gourds, I decided it was about time I started decorating for fall.  So I spent Monday night after work at Pier 1, Crate & Barrel, and Etsy.com.  I get decorating anxiety but I think I'm happy with the fall decor I got.  Now I just have to clean the house so it looks better.
I just couldn't wait to try the spaghetti squash so I made that for dinner on Monday Night.  After shopping...so we didn't eat until 9:00 PM...needless to say even after brushing before bed I had the worst garlic breath in the morning.

Spaghetti Squash Pesto


I used this link on How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash 


Then I made Pesto:

3/4 c basil
1/2 c spinach
1/4 c parmesan cheese
2 garlic cloves
walnuts or pine nuts if you have them (I didn't)
olive oil
salt and pepper

Combine in the food processor:

After I got all of the "spaghetti" threads out of the squash, I added a chopped tomato and the pesto and voila!  I wasn't very hungry so I'm still not entirely sold on the spaghetti squash thing but John really liked it! So ya know, that's always a good thing.

If anyone has any must try recipes using a spaghetti squash please give me the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment