Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cajun Turkey Burger


So I just got an iphone.  A 3GS not a 4, but that's enough for me especially considering the phone I had just a few days ago. It's pretty fun!  I've been having a fun time exploring and seeing all the different things it does.  I just discovered an app from Whole Foods that has a bunch of different recipes:  Whole Foods recipe app

It's pretty cool because you can specify dietary needs, and type in the different ingredients you have on hand and it will come up with a recipe for you.  Oh the options.  I'm also a fan of Words with Friends and was excited to 'check in' at my first restaurant this morning on foursquare.  I'm actually feeling a tad overwhelmed with all of this technology...

Anyway,  these burgers were dinner a few nights ago.  I always feel like a good wife when I make burgers.  The recipe was modified from foodnetwork.com not the Whole Foods app...those will probably be coming soon.

Cajun Turkey Burgers

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb green bell pepper chopped (about 1/2 c)
1/2 c chopped onion
several shakes of cajun seasoning (about 2 tsps)
salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients and form 4 patties.  I grilled mine on the George Foreman, but you could also use a real grill or a skillet.

Sauce: 

1/4 c ranch dressing
2 tsps hot sauce

stir together.

I served my burgers on whole wheat buns with chopped tomato, sauce, and grilled pineapple on top.

1 comment:

  1. Grilled pineapple on a burger is my absolute favorite :-) yum!

    ReplyDelete