Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Heaven in my mouth


I know these aren't the most visually appealing.....but to my taste buds, they are above and beyond.  What are the two most popular chocolate covered food items?  At least as far as I know....

strawberries and pretzels.

So I thought- what if I combined them all?  And I did.  I was by no means disappointed.  I mean how could I be really with all those delicious flavors in one bite?  I know they don't look the greatest and when you eat them you get melted chocolate all over your fingers, but who cares?

And they're so easy to make so why not??

Obviously the main ingredient in these is the chocolate, so you can use a fancy chocolate bar or whatever kind you like best.  I used semi-sweet chocolate chips from Trader Joes.  I always keep several bags of them on hand, just in case I need them for recipes, but also for popping a couple in my mouth for that chocolate fix. 

Chocolate, Strawberry, Pretzel Clumps

18 ounces chocolate
2 c chopped strawberries
1 1/2 c thin broken pretzels

Chop strawberries and break up pretzels.  Melt chocolate on stove or in the microwave.  Stir all ingredients together.  Spoon clumps onto wax paper covered cookie trays and refrigerate. 

To prevent to much mess, I recommend refrigerating right up until you serve them if possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment