Thursday, September 1, 2011

Raspberry Smoothie with a hint of coffee

I make smoothies almost everyday for breakfast and why not?  These ones are full of good stuff your body needs to start off the day!  Once it gets cooler I'll probably start in on the oatmeal..but for now I'm still loving the smoothies.  I have quite a bit of recipes but haven't documented any so thought it was about time.

Now I just want to tell you before I write the recipe.  The first ingredient is spinach, as it is with most of my smoothies.  But don't stop reading yet!  You can't taste it. honest.  And it's a good thing to start your day off with the green stuff.

Raspberry Smoothie with a hint of coffee

 1/2 c spinach (frozen or fresh)
3/4 c frozen raspberries
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tsp instant coffee
2 tbsp non-fat plain yogurt, Greek or normal (or just two heaping tsps full whatever looks right)
1/2 c milk (I use light Soy but you can use normal too)
1/4 c water
Honey to desired sweetness, I just kinda swirl a little bit in

Add all ingredients to blender and blend!  Easy peasy!  In this smoothie you have a ton of vitamins, omega 3's, calcium, fiber, potassium, and just a little bit of caffeine.  On top of all that, it is delicious and what makes it even more so is knowing all of the good things you are putting into your body.



No comments:

Post a Comment