Monday, September 12, 2011

Plum Crisp for 2

I love apples.  And I'm looking forward to all the different ways I will be able to use them soon.  But at the same time, I'm trying to make the most of the summer fruits while I can.  I've never baked anything with plums before and I had a bunch in the fridge so this plum crisp just seemed like the best idea.  It was really delicious and serves 2 perfectly (not to much, not to little)

I modified the recipe from taste of home.

Plum Crisp

4 plums sliced
nutmeg
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c oats
1 tbsp honey plus extra for drizzling on plums
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Grease round baking dish. I used a 4 cup glass pyrex but you could try another small dish, like a small pie plate or something of the like.
Slice plums and arrange in dish.  Sprinkle with a little bit of nutmeg and drizzle with a tad of honey.
Mix flour, oats, honey, sugar, butter, and vanilla extract together.
Pour on top of plums.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35-40 mins.  Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 until topping is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment