Thursday, September 8, 2011

Coconut Mocha Smoothie


So you know how Starbucks has their seasonal coffee drinks?  For some reason I always get really excited about them.  But I rarely go to Starbucks anyway and when I do I always get iced green tea with a teeny tiny bit of simple syrup or some sort of hot tea. And when I finally say ok ok I'll treat myself to the Coconut Mocha Frappucino, I'm always a tad disappointed.  I mean it tasted pretty good, but was it worth my $5?  Especially without whipped cream?  I really don't know...

Anyway, this was my attempt at making something with actual nutrients but that also had that coconutty, coffee, chocolate taste.  It's obviously no Starbucks, but it still tastes pretty delicious.

Coconut Mocha Smoothie

1 frozen banana
2/3 c coconut
1 heaping tsp plain non-fat yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 c soy milk
honey to taste

Combine all ingredients in blender and blend away.

Now...I have a secret.  I did actually put spinach in mine too...because with all of the other flavors any trace of spinach taste is gone. So I mean...if you're up for it try it.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to try this! I've been wanting to change up my smoothie repetoire...thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete