Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies


About this picture...I forgot to take pictures of the 5 dozen cookies I had made.  There were 2 cookies left one morning when I was about to leave for work.  I grabbed the biggest and most attractive looking one of the two.  I was eating it in the car (that's right, a cookie for breakfast) when I realized there was only 1 cookie left and I hadn't taken any pictures (immediately regretting leaving the small, lame one for John, not good for a picture).  Anyway, I called John and said "please do not eat that cookie!  I need to take a picture of it."  That is why I put this tiny cookie beside a pumpkin.  Don't let the appearance of the photo sway you though!  These cookies are truly delicious!

I went grocery shopping last week and now my shelves are semi re-stocked with canned pumpkin.  I bought 5 cans but as I was driving home I began to worry that I didn't get enough!  I mean you never know.  There are just so many pumpkin things I want to make.  And I don't want the stores to run out!  Which was a problem last Thanksgiving...

Speaking of stores not having things...I could not find cinnamon chips!  I went to Giant Eagle (this areas huge grocery store) and thought I was just blind when I couldn't find them anywhere.  I was on my way to Target to see if they had them when I randomly saw a 'Shop & Save' so I quickly stopped.  And wouldn't you know, they had cinnamon chips!  And every other chip under the sun!

These cookies were delicious: cakey, with pumpkin, chocolate, and cinnamon goodness in every bite!  They were a hit with our Bible Study and at John's work (the first time I ever made cookies for John to bring to work...I felt like such a wife)

I got the recipe from keepitsweetblog.com.  I love this blog because it is filled with delicious baked goods!

Cinnamon and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
From Keep it Sweet 


1 c butter
1 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 c canned pumpkin
3 1/4 c flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together dry ingredients.

With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.

Stir in dry ingredients until combined, then add chocolate chips and cinnamon chips.

Drop teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment