Friday, October 28, 2011

Mexican Chicken Chilli in Slow Cooker


So Halloween weekend!  I've never been 'gung ho' Halloween.  I mean I love candy and parties...But dressing up is just a pain for the most part and it stresses me out!  We are going to a Halloween party tomorrow and I do have my "costume", except for my wig  If it's not in the mail tomorrow, I don't know what I'm going to do.  Also, my costume is kinda silly and people (except for the people at this party) won't even know who I am until they see me with John, and even then, it's very much a 2011 costume.  I'm doing it for John though based on his "favorite" song (Don't ever say I'm not a good wife :P).  Maybe I'll post a picture later if it all works out.  Are you dressing up for Halloween this year?  If so, what are you being?

I totally failed in posting this on Wednesday like I had planned. Oh well, regardless of when I posted it, it is still delicious!  This is modified from a Weight Watchers recipe that I found on Photo a Day, so that goes to show that it is low in calories too!  But still so hearty and fulfilling!

Mexican Chicken Chili in Slow Cooker

-1/2 c onion
-1 16 oz. can black beans (drained and rinsed)
-1 16 oz. can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
-1 14.5 oz. can tomato sauce
-1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
-3/4 c chicken or vegetable broth
-2 c frozen corn
-2 chicken breasts
-1 packet taco seasoning (If you have an ethnic aisle in your grocery store, there are so many options)
-1 tbsp cumin
-1 tbsp chili powder
-a dash of cayenne pepper (optional)

Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.  Cook for about 5 hours on High, or 8 hours on low.  Shred chicken, then cook for an additional 15 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment