Friday, May 13, 2011

Turkey Meatballs with Peanut Sauce

So I'm trying to be good and take pictures to post on here, and I did take some pretty good pictures of this.  However, I am having trouble uploading pictures to my computer.  They keep getting deleted!  How annoying.  So....I do not have a picture for these unfortunately.  BUT they still are delicious!

So these are based on the recipe in the June/July 2011 issue of "EveryDay with Rachael Ray" originally 'Chicken Meatballs with Sweet Peanut Sauce"  However, I made them with ground turkey, and made the sauce more spicy than sweet.  I love peanut sauce!  All the time really.  I would experiment with it all the time in college making some really nasty stuff sometimes. But Now I feel like I've gotten a lot better and haven't failed as much.  Sometimes when I look back at the stuff I made in college for myself I really am disgusted...whaaaat was I thinking?  Anyway, here's the recipe:

Turkey Meatballs
(I used this recipe to serve 2 as a main entree accompanying a salad,  If making for an appetizer I suggest doubling the recipe)

-1/2 lb ground Turkey
-1/2 cup fresh cilantro
-1 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
-2 cloves Garlic minced
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-olive oil

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls.  Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet, add meatballs and cook through.

Meanwhile make the peanut sauce:

Peanut Sauce

-1/4 cup peanut butter
-2 tbsp soy sauce
-2 tbsp brown sugar
-3 tbsp sesame oil
-A couple splashes hot sauce (to your liking)

Mix all ingredients together.  Microwave until smooth.

Serve meatballs with sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment