Monday, May 16, 2011

Matzo Brickle



I've been making this dessert/snack for years.  More than 12 for sure.  I used to make it and put it in baggies and give it to my friends as gifts...and whenever I brought a snack anywhere this is what I brought.  And I still love it to this day.

Recently I was reading one of my magazines, and found that someone decided to make it fancy and sell it.  Why didn't I think of that?!  matzel toff!

Matzo Brickle

-matzah (found in the kosher section of the grocery store)
-1 c butter
-1 c brown sugar
-2 c (or more if you feel like it) semi sweet chocolate chips

Line a cookie sheet (with sides) with aluminum foil.  Cover with matzah.

Melt butter and sugar on medium low heat (You don't want it to be any hotter than this or you will end up with a smelly burnt sugar mess)  Stir frequently until it boils.  Stir continuously for 3 minutes as it boils.  

Pour sugar and butter mixture over matzo.  bake at 450 degrees for 3 minutes. Pour chocolate chips over everything.  Put back in the oven for about 1 minute.  Take out and spread chocolate until it covers everything.

Put in the refrigerator for at least an house until firm.  Break into pieces and store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment