Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pie Crust

So I currently have two strawberry rhubarb pies in the oven which I will probably be writing about later.  Depending on how they taste of course.  However,  I used a pie crust "tutorial" that I found on a blog I use, Smittenkitchen.com.  I've been known to be brought to tears making pie crust.  However I still refuse to buy the store bought.  So I thought I would do a search and see what I could find.  And this is what I found:

All Butter Pie Crust

Now All butter just means with no crisco.  Because really what is crisco anyway?  I know butter is not the most healthy food..but crisco???  Having that in my pie crust kinda disgusts me.  Knowing this is all butter and none of that white stuff that seems very much like vaseline to me is just reassuring.

I probably shouldn't be posting this yet because I haven't even tasted it.  But I just feel the need beeeecause it was sooo easy to make, no frustration or yelling.  Chill in the refrigerator a couple hours and it rolled out perfectly.  really that has never happened to me.  Normally I'm piecing the crust together like a puzzle in the pan but not this one.

I will have to post later how the crust actually tasted but I really have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment