Monday, August 22, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potatoes and....Broccoli?


So here's a fact no one cares about, when I eat dinner alone I almost always eat roasted sweet potatoes with a whole lot of steamed broccoli.  However, tonight I was thinking what if I roasted the sweet potatoes and broccoli together??? Because I've recently come to the realization that all vegetables taste better when they are crispy.  And I have to say, I was not disappointed.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli

Sweet potatoes
Broccoli
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Cajun seasoning

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Wash sweet potatoes,  Roughly peel or peel completely whichever you prefer (I keep some skin on for the extra fiber...), chop into rounds, and place on one side of baking sheet.  Chop Broccoli or use frozen and put on the other side of baking sheet.  Toss both with olive oil, salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning.

Roast for 18-22 minutes stirring or flipping mid way through.

I might try roasting or grilling lima beans next....

No comments:

Post a Comment