Monday, August 22, 2011

Grilled veggies with quinoa

So...There is no picture for this one.  Sometimes I totally make something up with leftovers and things I already have in the cabinet.  Not thinking it will really be all that good.  But even though there is no picture for this one I thought I would still document the recipe...because I loved it.

Also, I have been using my George Foreman all the time.  I wish I had a real grill (someday) but the George does work pretty nicely.  Plus, John cleans it for me since I always burn myself when I try.  Bonus!

I don't have the exact measurements for this recipe as I mostly just used leftover fresh veggies, so it can be altered depending on the number of people...or what veggies you have.

Grilled Veggies with Quinoa

red bell pepper
green bell pepper
zuchinni
sliced onions
grape tomatoes
green beans (fresh or frozen)
olive Oil
salt
pepper
A handful of fresh chopped:
Thyme
Sage
Rosemary
garlic cloves
Quinoa (I used 1/2 cup prepared as the box suggested)
Parmesan cheese

Prepare quinoa as box suggests.  Add half of the chopped thyme, sage, and rosemary to quinoa before cooking.

Chop veggies as desired, toss in olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and the remaining herbs.  Grill (on George or your nice real grill) until cooked through and slightly charred.  Toss with cooked quinoa, add salt and pepper as needed.  Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.

Who knew grilled veggies could be so good?






No comments:

Post a Comment