Wednesday, June 1, 2011

chicken mozzarella roll ups


So John's friend was coming over to dinner.  Well...I guess he's kinda my friend too.  It's weird.  John seems to have more highschool/college friends in the area, and they are all nice enough to include me in everything.  So anyway,  I wanted to make him at least a semi good dinner because he lives by himself and goodness knows what he normally eats.

I had some fresh mozzarella and tomatoes I had to finish before they got moldy along with my ever present pesto that I thawed out the night before.  So I decided on these roll ups and they were quite good.

Chicken Mozzarella Roll ups:

-chicken tenderloins
-mozzarella cheese
-pesto (store bought or homemade recipe at the bottom of this post)
-roma tomatoes
-salt
-pepper
-olive oil

Depending on how many people you will be serving use as many tenderloins as you think you will need (I used 11: 4 roll ups each for the guys, and 3 for me)
Smash them a little bit so they are thinner and easier to roll.
Put a small spoonful of pesto, a piece of tomato, and a piece of cheese on each.  roll up and place on baking sheet seam down.
Put olive oil on top (I have one of those olive oil sprayer things that work really well, but you could also brush it on) then top with salt and pepper.
broil for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned on top.

I served these with a big salad and homemade garlic breadsticks (I would post the recipe but they really weren't that good)

I just love basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella together.  So I thought this would be a good combo and I was right.  There are so many ways you can make these chicken roll ups so I might be posting more recipes.  And if you come up with any other delicious ideas, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment